A councillor has warned residents of Cork to ‘watch their posteriors’ after a man was bitten by a rat while using his toilet.
Cork’s sewerage system has, reportedly, become infested with rats after recent flooding. This has resulted in one man receiving a bite on the backside after a rat found its way through a broken pipe.
Cllr Noel Collins issued the warning at a Cork County Council meeting where, the Evening Echo reports, he also requested they look into the possibility of flushing rat poison through the system.
‘The flooding resulted in another problem for residents, that of rat infestation, which really upset many families, mentally and physically, and indeed, one elderly gentleman suffered a rat bite to his posterior while using his toilet, and had to receive immediate medical attention,’ Cllr Collins said.
The council, according to the Echo, warned flushing rat poison through the public system could lead to contamination of other water sources.
Cllr Collins advised homeowners to keep their toilet seats down and told them to ‘watch their posteriors’.