Launched in August, the Local Public Ownership Awards showcases some of the best and most inspiring council-run services in the UK.
From recycling in Aberdeen to social work in Buckinghamshire, councils across the UK are taking public services back into public control. What’s more, they’re making a huge success of it.
LocalGov has partnered with We Own It to celebrate the hard work of these councils, and we need your help to choose a winner.
Voting is closing soon, so make sure you get your votes in before the deadline. The deadline for voting is midnight on Sunday 8th October 2017.
The shortlist includes:
- Robin Hood Energy in Nottingham: the first council-owned energy company
- Bringing social workers in-house in Buckinghamshire
- Sevenoaks District Council: Platinum quality public services
- Going green on waste in Liverpool
- Reading Buses – getting greener and putting passengers first
- Innovative recycling in Ards and North Down
- Bristol Energy: local community and renewable energy
- Aberdeen City Council: Recycling where it matters
- Flood crisis in Cumbria: public ownership saves the day
- Slough sets up its own waste company
- Futures Advice, Skills and Employment for Nottingham residents
- Nottingham City Transport: keeping bus users happy
Vote for your favourite here.