Director of Immigration and Settlement
UK Border Agency
Up to £130k – Based in London
14 September 2012
The UK Border Agency is an executive agency of the Home Office and is a global organisation of around 14,000 people operating in about 130 countries worldwide. The Agency’s primary aim is to protect the public from people who would abuse the UK’s immigration law. The UK Border Agency works closely with a range of law enforcement agencies, other government departments and other areas of the Home Office, including Border Force. The UK Border Agency is responsible for significant contracts for example in relation to visa application centres and our detention estate.
The Agency is seeking a new Director of Immigration and Settlement. This is an important role with responsibility for all the Agency’s migration casework and appeals, including asylum. The post holder will lead approximately 4,500 staff to deliver in a complex and public-facing transactional environment. This is a period of significant change for the Agency and the post holder will play a central role in a major transformation programme expected to generate savings and improved services.
* A member of the Executive Board of the UK Border Agency, providing corporate leadership for the directorate and the agency acting as the senior responsible officer for a major ICT transformation project.
* Setting the strategic direction for immigration and settlement operations, working closely with other parts of the Agency and the Home Office
* Providing leadership and performance management for a public-facing high volume customer service operation during a time of financial constraint and considerable change.
* A proven track record of running a large volumetric decision making operation.
* Senior corporate leadership experience in a government or similar complex organisation with the ability to operate in a fast-paced political environment.
* The ability to take complex policy and legal frameworks and operationalise them into efficient and cost-effective delivery systems.
For more details on how to apply please go to this link. Closing date for applications is Friday 14 September.
The Home Office is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all staff.