Low Energy Asphalt (LEA®)
LEA® process technology is already enabling more sustainable road construction around the world and now also in the UK. Petroplus is the sole UK distributor of licences for the use of Low Energy Asphalt (LEA®).
The LEA process is fast gaining preference over other technologies because it achieves the greatest energy and CO2 saving of 50% compared to Hot Mix asphalt and has the lowest implementation cost to both Batch asphalt and Drum Mix plants.
Benefits of LEA Process Technology:
- Performs to the specification for Highways Works clause 929
- Reduced application temperatures mean improved health and safety for laying crew and general public.
- Material properties are equivalent to those of hot mix asphalt.
- LEA process technology enables asphalt to be available at no extra cost.
- The majority of standard and proprietary materials can be made using LEA process technology.
- Can be used in all road layers from base to surface course and on all categories of highway including motorways.
- Laid through standard paving equipment and rolled using conventional rollers.
- Rapid stability of laid and compacted pavement for early trafficking.
To download the LEA Brochure, click here.
Midlands Quarry Products LEA Trial
Petroplus Bitumen were chosen due to their expertise in asphalt technology and their industry leading technical services provided by the state of the art research & development facilities in Swansea. In addition, marketing and business development experience of being leaders in PMB technology gave LEA-Co the confidence to entrust Petroplus with the introduction of LEA into the UK market.
To discuss how LEA could be used in your future specifications and for more information on the LEA process, please contact Lloyd Cowley on 01792 659735 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Back||Top of page|